1 May 2012

Try it Tuesday (8)

'Try it Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted here at Bookaholics where each week me and Ninfa take turns to recommend a book we think you should try and why.

This weeks pick is

The Witching pen novellas book one.

It's hard being the most powerful witch on the planet. It's even harder when you're a twenty-five year old virgin who'll lose all of that power the moment you sleep with someone ... that's why Elena's never slept with her best friend and flatmate, Karl, despite the true feelings they harbour for each other.
Elena's about to discover that there are even more difficult things in life to deal with. One of them comes in the form of a pen she discovers one day, a pen that allows anything she writes to come to pass...
Suddenly, it's not just her powers or her heart that's at stake, but her very soul, as a dream demon with a seductive pull uses the pen to try and turn her away from her reality, and from Karl.
But the pen is just the beginning. Everything Elena has believed in is a lie, and her world is about to fall apart..

Why I’m choosing this book
The Witching Pen is a fabulous mix of Urban Fantasy, Romance and Paranormal. It has all the elements of a great story and a fabulously intricate plot, that is easy to follow but still intriguing and full of surprising twists and turn :)

Five reasons I love this book
1. It's fun, sassy and quirky.
2. Elena is a great narrator and she is so sweet. I loved discovering her secrets and getting to know the people around her, from her best friend Karl, to the fun and misterious Amy, to the reserved Mary.
3. A fabulous Demon mythology, new and refreshing, that had me hooked straight away from page one.
4. Although it is a Paranormal Fantasy story, the relationships and feelings are very real and it's easy to relate to the characters in the story, and their trials and tribulations.
5. Some hot scenes in there, which never disappoint ;)


Who I think will love this book
If you love a light, fun read with a wonderful plot, this is definitely for you. With parts more intense than others, this first book in a series of 3 (with the second one, "The Sands of Time", already out and available for purchase, and the third and final in the series, "The Demon Bride" out in August) will definitely appeal to all adult readers out there looking for a great paranormal story. I loved it, hope you do too.

I hope this inspires you to pick up the book, and if you do
Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Great choice, I have the first 2 sitting here & I'm starting Them next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Misty I haven't heard of this one but I'll look into it! Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVED this series!!!!. i read the witching pen, wilted and the sands of time all in one sitting, ijust couldnt put it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this book on my blog just now as a review with a giveaway for a signed copy if anyone is interested. It's a great read. http://www.susankmann.com/2012/04/book-review-book-one-of-witching-pen.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love paranormal romance books. This one looks like a great one. Thanks for the review. I love series books. I just finished the first book in a series by author Slannyn D'Arcy called, "The Gift."

    Here's the scoop on the book: This the first book in a series, which is a short story about a monk in the medieval era who possesses a gift, which allows him to move things with his mind. He is commissioned by the Queen to get the Cross of St.Luthias, and is accompanied by a young woman who sees him for who he truly is. http://www.slannyndarcy.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...