'Try it Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted here at Bookaholics where each week me and Ninfa take turns to recommend a book we think you should try and why.
This weeks pick is
The Witching pen novellas book one.
It's hard being the most powerful witch on the planet. It's even harder when you're a twenty-five year old virgin who'll lose all of that power the moment you sleep with someone ... that's why Elena's never slept with her best friend and flatmate, Karl, despite the true feelings they harbour for each other.
Elena's about to discover that there are even more difficult things in life to deal with. One of them comes in the form of a pen she discovers one day, a pen that allows anything she writes to come to pass...
Suddenly, it's not just her powers or her heart that's at stake, but her very soul, as a dream demon with a seductive pull uses the pen to try and turn her away from her reality, and from Karl.
But the pen is just the beginning. Everything Elena has believed in is a lie, and her world is about to fall apart..
Why I’m choosing this book
The Witching Pen is a fabulous mix of Urban Fantasy, Romance and Paranormal. It has all the elements of a great story and a fabulously intricate plot, that is easy to follow but still intriguing and full of surprising twists and turn :)
1. It's fun, sassy and quirky.
2. Elena is a great narrator and she is so sweet. I loved discovering her secrets and getting to know the people around her, from her best friend Karl, to the fun and misterious Amy, to the reserved Mary.
3. A fabulous Demon mythology, new and refreshing, that had me hooked straight away from page one.
4. Although it is a Paranormal Fantasy story, the relationships and feelings are very real and it's easy to relate to the characters in the story, and their trials and tribulations.
5. Some hot scenes in there, which never disappoint ;)
Who I think will love this book
If you love a light, fun read with a wonderful plot, this is definitely for you. With parts more intense than others, this first book in a series of 3 (with the second one, "The Sands of Time", already out and available for purchase, and the third and final in the series, "The Demon Bride" out in August) will definitely appeal to all adult readers out there looking for a great paranormal story. I loved it, hope you do too.
I hope this inspires you to pick up the book, and if you do