16 May 2012

UK vs THE WORLD (23)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                          vs.              Germany
Soul seekers book one.
('Vom Schicksal bestimmt' translates to 'Fated.' - According to Google translate.)
Mist: Both of these covers are so gorgeous! I love all the bright colours used and the birds and plat life used in the backgroud of each. I think I like the German cover a little bit more though, I like the pink and the orange, they remind me of a fruit salad sweet lol And I like the flowers and the girl falling is interesting.

Ninfa: Wow, the UK cover is lovely, the model's hair blowing in the wind, the birds flying as if created by the swirling hair, the bright dawn making the dark and pale model figure stand out...I love it. The German cover is nice, but not as good as the UK one by a mile. The soft pastel peach and pink colours are pretty and the body free falling is also a nice portrait, but the UK cover is just really eye catching for me. Definitely a UK win :)
UK                      vs.                  France
Soulless by Gail Carriger
The parasol protectorate book one.
('Sans âme' translates to 'Soulless.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: Oh, this is a tough one to, both have that great steampunk feel. I love the girls unusual stance in the UK cover and the colours and her hat! But I also love the feel of the French cover and the darkness to it, I would happily pick up either but I think I'm going to choose UK because it's more fun.

Ninfa: Both very pretty, so Victorian Steampunk! It's a tough choice as both portray the feeling of the book really well...but I think the French cover is the winner for me. I love the model's outfit and the old page feel of the cover, with the Big Ben backdrop, very, very beautiful.

Which do you prefer?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I had never seen the Germany one of Soul Seekers before, I definitely prefer it.

    I like both for Soulless, but if I had to pick I'd pick the French one.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I prefer the UK Fated & the French Soulless, although I too love the colours of the pink one! PS I have nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award (sorry if you've been done b4!)Check out http://www.witchbloodthenovel.com for details :-D xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...