2 May 2012

UK vs THE WORLD! (22)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                         vs.                       US
The hunt book one.

Mist: I really like they style of the US cover but the UK cover has that hot guy, making it hard to choose a favourite! lol The contrasting pictures on the US cover are really cool, it gives a sense of a secure 'inside' and a scary 'outside', I also like how the (I think) Zombies are in the background in the UK cover and the guy on the cover has a fierce confidence that they don't bother him, ahh they're both great but I think forced to choose I'd go US!

Ninfa: Oh I really like the US cover. The ripped paper feel, the scene playing at the bottom, it's all very intriguing and atmospheric. I love the couple on the cliff.
The guy on the UK cover is kinda hot, with the intense gaze going on, and I like the tagline, but I seem to prefer the US cover this time :)

UK                         vs.                     Spain
Poison heart by S.B. Hayes
('DetrĂ¡s de ti' translates to 'Behind you.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: UK, no contest! I do like the Spanish cover, the colours are really nice and the bit of fire on the bottom is cool but the UK cover, I love the blue, the vines, the text, it's great!

Ninfa: Oh I really like both covers, but I think my favourite has to be the UK one :)
I love the creepy feeling of the Spanish cover, it kinda makes me feel like I'm looking at Snow White's evil Stepmother, but the UK cover is really haunting, with the vines creeping up on the girl's body. The tagline is short but effective and it gives me straight away an idea of what the book is going to be about.
UK win.

Which do you prefer?

3 comments:

  1. Us for the Hunt!
    UK for poison heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. US for the Hunt and UK for Poison Heart. You're right, though, the hot guy on HUNT is tough to overlook!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...