3 Apr 2012

Try it Tuesday (4)

'Try it Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted here at Bookaholics where each week me and Ninfa take turns to recommend a book we think you should try and why.
If you'd like to join in, make a post of your own and put it in the linky :)

This weeks pick is:

Sword dancer by Jennifer Roberson
Tiger and Del book one

Tiger and Del--he a sword-dancer of the South, she of the North, each privy to a private kind of magic. Together they dared the dangers of the deadly Punja, the Southron desert, on a quest to rescue Del's brother, kidnapped by slavers long ago. Together they risked bloodthirsty beasts and wizard's spells on this mission from which only the bravest, most skillful, and lucky had even the remotest hope of returning alive....

Why I'm choosing this book
I've been in love with this series since the first time I read a short story with the two main characters. Del and Tiger's interaction is absolutely fantastic to read, and the whole "Sword Dancer" series is full of twists and turns, with an engaging over arching plot, but with each book representing a stand alone book that is enjoyable and captivating.
Five reasong I love this book

1. Female writer, male Point of View. It makes for a lot of fun!
2. Incredible story setting, beautifully written world
3. Characters with depth and emotion that you can sympathize with and grow to love very quickly. Tiger is possibly my favourite male character of all time
4. A story that has a defined beginning and a very satisfying end; there are 6 books in this series and they are fast and engaging reads. You read the first book, you'll be going back for more!
5. Magic, Swords, Vengeance, Betrayal, Love...these books have it all.

Who I think would love this book
Fantasy lovers with a passion for "Sword and Sorcery" stories.

Enjoy Bookaholics! x
 
I hope this inspires you to pick up the book, and if you do
Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...