24 Apr 2012

Try it Tuesday (7)

'Try it Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted here at Bookaholics where each week me and Ninfa take turns to recommend a book we think you should try and why.

This weeks pick is

The Morganville Vampires book one.

It’s a small college town filled with quirky characters. But when the sun goes down, the bad comes out. Because in Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows—one that will spill out into the bright light of day.
Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. The popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks on the school’s social scene: somewhere less than zero. And Claire really doesn’t have the right connections—to the undead who run the town.
When Claire heads off campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Hew new roommates don’t show many signs of life. But they’ll have Claire’s back when the town’s deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...

Why I’m choosing this book
Well I'm actually recommending the whole series but since we're not far of the release of book twelve (!) I thought it best just to put the first one lol I was quite late to getting to this series, there were nine books out when I started reading them, but I read all nine books in just a couple of weeks because I enjoyed them so much, they're easy to read so most I got through in a day and even though there's so many books the author has managed to maintain consistent storylines whilst still introducing new things that keep the series fresh, I didn't find any one of them boring or like the series was starting to fizzle out, there are great characters, my favourite being Myrnin, a crazy old Vampire who is hilarious!

Five reasons I love this book
1. Each book always brings something new to the story.
2. Fun and interesting characters, each with their own story.
3. Great friendships between the four main characters.
4. A romance that kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for it to happen!
5. Fabulous writing in a great setting.

Who I think will love this book
Of course, Vampire fans will enjoy this, but also fans of fun YA books. Fans of Vampire academy looking for a slightly lighter read will enjoys these. And also try it if you liked The Goddess test by Aimee Carter, Forgive my fins by Tera Lynn Childs or Vampire beach by Alex Duval.


I hope this inspires you to pick up the book, and if you do
Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I second that!! MV Series is amazing! my fave YA Vampire Series ever!! It's so good, fun and smart with kickass characters and yummy boys to droll over! Oh and my crazy ass vamp Myrnin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. I loved Glass Houses when it first came out and I really need to get back into them but I just didn't think book 7 & 8 were that good. Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...