To see the blog that started the Traveling book and sign up to theirs just click on the picture : )
What is the traveling book?
Basically I'll pick two books, if your interested in reading either book and being a part of the traveling book then use the form to sign up. You can sign up for one or both. Then everyone who signed up will take turns to read the book, write a comment in it and then post it on to the next person on the list, until eventually it makes it back to me. If possible I'll then pass it onto the Author if they want it and they can see all the comments, which I'll also post on here for you, and it'll make a lovely keepsake for her/him.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THESE BEFORE SIGNING UP.
- You must be willing to pay the international postage and packaging fees to pass on the book.
- You have a maximum of two weeks to read and send on the book.
- You have to let me know when you've recieved the book AND when you send it on so I can keep track.
- When you've finished reading, write on the inside cover or a blank page your name, where your from and a small comment of what you thought. (If there's no blank space then just write on a piece of paper and slip it between the pages, don't write over the words in the book.)
- I you choose to review the book, come back here and post a link and I'll include it in the post with all your comments from the book when it's over. This is optional though.
- Also if you want to you can add a postcard from your country or a bookmark or maybe even a book you don't want, as a gift for the next person then you can but it's not mandatory.
- And you must of course be a blog or page follower to participate.
- Once sign up is closed I will post the list of people and the order the book will go in, however I'll contact you when it's your turn so don't provide any postal details until I ask.
Right now that business is out of the way, time for the fun stuff! Here's the books I've picked:
Before I go to sleep by S J Watson.
Christine wakes up every morning in an unfamiliar bed with an unfamiliar man. She looks in the mirror and sees an unfamiliar, middle- aged face. And every morning, the man she has woken up with must explain that he is Ben, he is her husband, she is forty-seven years old, and a terrible accident two decades earlier decimated her ability to form new memories.
But it’s the phone call from a Dr. Nash, a neurologist who claims to be working with Christine without her husband’s knowledge, that directs her to her journal, hidden in the back of her closet. For the past few weeks, Christine has been recording her daily activities—tearful mornings with Ben, sessions with Dr. Nash, flashes of scenes from her former life—and rereading past entries, relearning the facts of her life as retold by the husband she is completely dependent upon. As the entries build up, Christine asks many questions. What was life like before the accident? Why did she and Ben never have a child? What has happened to Christine’s best friend? And what exactly was the horrific accident that caused such a profound loss of memory?
Every day, Christine must begin again the reconstruction of her past. And the closer she gets to the truth, the more un- believable it seems.
Sign up is closed for Before I go to sleep.
Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey.
Violet Willoughby doesn't believe in ghosts, especially since her mother has worked as a fraudulent medium for a decade. Violet has taken part in enough of her mother's tricks to feel more than a little jaded about anyhting supernatural. The ghosts, however, believe in Violet and she's been seeing them everywhere. One ghost in particular needs Violet to use her emerging gift to solve her murder ...and prevent the ghost's twin sister from suffering the same fate.
To sign up for Haunting Violet click HERE to go to the form.
Sign up closes 2nd July, the book will be sent when it's released on 4th July (yes I know it's already available in America, this is the UK version which is cheaper lol)