2 Aug 2011

Book of the month - August


Yes I know it's the 2nd and I'm late with this post. it's the summer holidays so I have an extra child at home demanding my attention so I'm not getting as much time to get online as I'd like (If your expecting an email from me this is also the reason why you haven't gotten it yet!)

If you read the survey results post you'll already know I've decided to change how we do the book of the month... however I'm not completely sure what all of those changes are yet, so if you have ideas, throw them at me (but please not at the head)

For starters the 1st definite change is that there will now be one book of the month instead of two.

2nd It will be a different genre every month - this is a none specific genre book club so it's fair we try everything so everyone can get involved.

3rd Except for this month because there wasn't time, the book of the month will be voted for by you on our Facebook page from a few suggestions also given by you guys.

4th The author of the winning book will get one of these:


As long as I can find them on the worldly web to give it to them, they can choose to display it on their blog, facebook page or website or nowhere lol I'll also ask them for interview if you guys are willing to submit questions.?

5th Each month when I post the book of the month I'll also post a linky list, if you choose to read the book that month add your name and link to the list, if you have a blog or Facebook page I'll come and visit you and tell you how awesome you are! Don't have either of these then leave a link to yourself somewhere and I'll still visit and tell you you're awesome!

6th It would be extra awesome if once you've read the book you stop by on Facebook or here and tell us what you thought of it, without spoilers please. If you reviewed it then leave a link so I can see.

7th If you do join in and you do have a blog then I'm not stopping you from doing a blog post about it to help get more interest... just saying :)

And, well, I guess that's about it. Like I said if you have suggestions then shoot them my way because I wanna hear them.

Now that that's out the way I should probably tell you what August's book is! Well since I'm picking I'm going for my favourite genre which is Fantasy! I read a lot of YA yet strangely I've gone for adult lol
Graveminder by Melissa Marr
Rebekkah Barrow never forgot the tender attention her grandmother, Maylene, bestowed upon the dead of Claysville, the town where Bek spent her adolescence. There wasn’t a funeral that Maylene didn’t attend, and at each Rebekkah watched as Maylene performed the same unusual ritual: three sips from a small silver flask followed by the words “Sleep well, and stay where I put you.”

Now Maylene is dead and Bek must go back to the place—and the man—she left a decade ago. But what she soon discovers is that Maylene was murdered and that there was good reason for her odd traditions. It turns out that in placid Claysville, the worlds of the living and the dead are dangerously connected. Beneath the town lies a shadowy, lawless land ruled by the enigmatic Charles, aka Mr. D—a place from which the dead will return if their graves are not properly minded. Only the Graveminder, a Barrow woman, and the current Undertaker, Byron, can set things to right once the dead begin to walk.

If this sounds like your kind of book and your planning to read it for our book of the month then here's the linky :)




Next months book will be crime. I'll be asking for suggestions on FB in the next few days but if you wanted to give some now just comment. Must be recent and first in series or stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...