27 Sept 2011

Top ten Tuesday #16

Top ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The broke and the bookish
Head on over there to play along.
This week it's:

Top ten books I want to re-read.
(Sorry no time for book links!)

1. Anything by Maria V. Snyder - She's my favourite author and I could happily read her books over and over, I've already read Poison study and Inside out twice so it would be great if I had the time to re-read the subsequent books.

2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I've already read this series a ton of times but I could read it a ton more, they're my comfort books.

3. The maze runner by James Dashner - I've been wanting to re-read this a while, it's such a brilliant book (and the next one The scorch trials) and with the final boko The death cure out in a couple weeks it would be great to get a refresher, but alas with my hugantamous tbr I just can't justify re-reads.

4. Fire by Kristin Cashore - This book was just amazing the world, the characters, the story, I'd love to get reaquainted with the brave Fire.

5. The summoning by Kelley Armstrong - This was the first book I read by Kelley and I really liked it and the rest of the series, I wasn't so nuts about The gathering, the first in the spin-off, but I think that's beause it's the first books so it's all set-up and character/world building so the pace slowed down from The original trilogy.

6. Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan - I enjoyed this series so much, it got me started on my Mythology obsession and it would be great to go back and read them knowing all the myths so I could see all the references I missed first time.

7. Wicked lovely by Melissa Marr - Such a beautiful series and now that it's finished I'd really like to read the series altogether.

8. Breaking dawn by Stephenie Meyer - I've re-read all the other books before the movie releases but I just don't think I'm going to have time for this one, even to read half of it!

9. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - I waited so long to read this that the second book was out by the time I did, it's such a great book I think I'd like to read it (and Linger) again before getting to the last book Forever.

10. Evernight by Claudia Gray - Though I felt a little disappointed with the final book in this series I did enjoy them and it'd be nice to go back to that world. Also can't wait for the spin-off prequel type thing Balthazar!

Which books would you like to revisit?
Leave a link to your post so I can come see it.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! Thanks for sharing it at FB! Every book lover and writer would appreciate it!
    I'd like to add some of Terry Pratchett's books too: The Light Fantastic, Small Gods, Guards, Guards, etc... Some of them actually saved my life and helped me write some of mine too! I'm eager to read and re-read some of my next books but they are not ready yet...;)
    I can't remember whther I posted a suggestion of mine here, which every book lover would appreciate: use sites like zazzle.com, cafepress. com, fiverr? They could be a good way to promote your works and to help "remove" stupidity in the streets like headlines on t-shirts, fridge-magnets, cups, etc: My Boyfriend kisses Better Than Yours, FBI - female body inspector, etc. Not everything we see and think of should be about sex, right? It would be much better if there were more nice pictures of mythical creatures, good thoughts, poems from fantasy genre, etc? I'm allanbard there, I use some of my illustrations, thoughts, poems from my books (like: One can fight money only with money, Even in the hottest fire there's a bit of water, Money are amongst the last things that make people rich, or
    Love and happiness will be around,
    as all the chains will disappear,
    and Mountaineers will climb their mount
    and there won't be any tear! etc). I guess such lines sound and look much better than the usual we see every day? Best wishes to all bookaholics! Let the wonderful noise of the sea always sounds in your ears! (a greeting of the water dragons'hunters - my Tale Of The Rock Pieces).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list. I've read a few, Shiver, Breaking Dawn and Harry Potter, but a few of the others are on my tbr.

    Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection. I wouldn't mind reading Shiver. I've heard great things about it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's Mine:
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ever read these books or have them on my TBR list...I need to continue with the Wicked Lovely series and the Kelley Armstrong one, too.
    I definitely recommend Narnia, they're so good...and one of the great things about them is they're fairly short. I have the whole set in a box and it's about the width of 2 regular hardcover books. And if you have a chance to read The Sugar Queen, it's amazing, and so is The Circle Trilogy - I know you like paranormal, so you might like those. I was actually seriously considering rereading the first one as part of the October paranormal challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vow to read Harry Potter (for the 1st time) over the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow such a great list! I love your taste in authors!!! Kelley Armstrong, Maria V. Snyder, and of course J.K. Rowling...You are fantabulous chick!

    check out my TTT!
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices. I totally agree with picking Wicked Lovely. It is a beautiful series. Its one of my faves. :)

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-want-to.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  8. quite a few books i have not read, however Shiver is quite popular. i will have to list that one for reading.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here!

    Excellent list. The Percy Jackson series also started my fascination with all things Mythology. The only reason I didn't add HP to my list is simply because I've re-read it so many times already ;)

    Eek! I could barely get through Breaking Dawn once, I don't think I could muster the patience to read it again :P

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...