12 Nov 2011

Before- Review

Before by Cambria Hebert
Heven and Hell book 0.5 (Short story)
Available 18th November

What's it about?
What if your life was charmed and everything in it was perfect…
Before.
This is the story of my past. Of what things were like for me when everything was normal. Of what every teenager’s life is like. Clothes. Parties. Boys and summer vacation. What’s so wrong with that? I liked it. I was happy.
Until things changed. I changed.
I didn’t know that lies and secrets were about to take over my existence. I didn’t know there was someone out there, someone meant just for me. I didn’t know that I was about to go on a journey, a journey that would lead me to the girl I am today.
This is the beginning of the worst year of my life. Would I go back and change things? Erase everything that has happened to go back into these moments?
Not a chance.
This is a story of before.

Other titles in the series
Masquerade (Out Dec 16th)

My review
3/5
So, I know this is a short story and I know it's just a teaser for the full length novel 'Masquerade' but personally I still don't think it had enough to it. I would've liked just a little bit of the history to really draw me in.
We meet Sam, who is so drawn to Heven he's pretty much stalking her even though he's resigned to never actually speaking to her because he knows he can't be with her. He thinks she's the perfect girl but I don't really know why he does since he doesn't really know anything about her, they've never had a conversation. He does seem like a nice guy who's obviously in a situation he doesn't want to be in but can't get out of, this is more what draws me to wanting to read the book rather than all the teasing and the cliffhanger at the end.
Heven also seems like a nice girl to, we don't really go past the surface of her but she's obviously enjoying her life and is completely unaware it's about to get turned upside down.
I will be reading 'Masquerade' as I can see the potential in the story and I do think the writing was great, I've just never been one for short stories personally, I like something I can really get into.

My thoughts on the cover
I really like this soft and simple image with just the little bit of embellishment at the top. I also really like the font and the pattern around it, the whole thing feels fresh and it's gorgeous.

Favourite quote
Heven. I hadn't heard her name until yesterday, when I got close enough to overhear it. It was perfect, it fit her perfect. Because to me she was heaven, she was everything I could ever want and everything I couldn't have. - Sam


1 comment:

  1. thank you for the honest Review Misty!!! I love how you took the time to talk about the cover and your favorite quote. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into your review. I truly appreciate your time!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...