14 Mar 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (15)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                                vs.                        Spain

('Aguas oscuras' translate to 'Dark waters' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: Awww I love both covers but I'm slightly more swayed by the UK cover because of the pretty red dress lol But the Spanish cover is pretty cool and really haunting and I love the font and the colours. The UK cover is gorgeous as well, the ice berg in the backgroud is cool.

Ninfa: The English cover is really pretty, with the gorgeous red dress and the big moon in the backdrop. I like the Titanic little details as well like the iceberg in the back, it gives a better sense of the book. The Spanish cover is pretty, but I don't think it relates to the story very much, there's nothing to tell me waht the book is about so it's a clear UK win for me.

UK                           vs.               Germany
 A long, long sleep by Anna Sheehan.
('Während ich schlief' translates to 'While I was sleeping.' - According to Google translate.)
Mist: This one is no contest, I love the UK cover, it's so bright and pretty, the patterns are awesome, the whole thing is so eye catching. The German cover is really nice and I love the colour and it would make a suitable alternative but I much prefer the UK cover.

Ninfa: Well, I like both covers fro different reasons. The UK one is very pretty, with the details around the cover and I like the contrast of the big blue eyes in the model's face. The only thing with the UK cover is that it's not much different from countless others I've seen around (pretty model, flowery swirls around her) so not very original. The German cover makes me think of someone encased in ice, hence the long long sleep, so just because it seems more suited to the actual book title I'm gonna go with Germany this time.

Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. Fateful: UK for sure!!! Love that cover.
    A l: mmm..... Going with they Germany cover. It's kinda creepy and dark and I prefer that.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...