21 Mar 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (16)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                          vs.                       France

Zombie book one.
('Un Blog Trop Mortel' translates to 'A blog too deadly.' - According to Google translate.)

 
Mist: That French cover is creepy and 'Goth' I really like it, I like that it's black and grey with the red 'horror' title, the UK cover is cool to, both have an axe which makes me think there's one in the story lol and I love the tag line, both great covers but I think I'm slightly swayed by the French cover.

Ninfa: Okay, both covers are creepy but I guess it kinda makes sense since it looks like it's a zombie book  :p Again, I think I prefer the UK cover for this one, it's different and I love the colour contrast with the reds and dirty white. Not keen on the French cover, the model with the axe just doesn't interest me, although the make up is quite good, I guess.


UK                             vs.                  Slovakia

('Kým dopadnem' translates to 'While come undone.' - According to Google translate.)

 
Mist: Hmm both covers are nice but the UK cover is kinda boring, there isn't much to it, a girls face and some grass, blah. The Slovak cover however is different, I love the quirky font with the letters 'falling' and the girl floating in water is just weird, the blue is a lovely colour to, I vote slovakia!

Ninfa: The UK cover is really sweet, I love the expression of the eyes, it's melacholic and dreamy and it really matches the tagline which I also really like. The Slovakian cover is a bit creepy for my taste, looks like the girl has drowned in water...I like the blue colour on it, but it's definitely a UK win for me

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. Defo, the french cover for the first book.
    And the uk for 2 nd book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. French cover for the first one & UK for the second :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...