18 Oct 2011

Unveiled by Trisha Wolfe excerpt

Thanks, Misty, for letting me guest post today! And hi Misty’s followers! I’ll be honest here, I’m not the best guest-poster-type person. I’ve done a few of these lately, and I’ve realize just how not entertaining I am. So . . . I’ve decided to do something a little special here. Since Misty has been such a wonderful support during the release of UNVEIELD, I’m giving her blog the first ever excerpt to release! Hope you guys enjoy it!

EXCEPT:

Xander slows his pace as he glances over at me. “I’ve shut down my communicator,” he says, showing me the small silver device, then he slides it into the vest of his uniform. “So we won’t be tracked.”
I nod. “You honestly don’t know anything about the Rebels?” I study his features, waiting to see his eyes shift—a muscle twitch. But he keeps his eyes trained on me, stoic.
“No.” He looks down at the ground then back at me. “How is it I’ve never been informed?” He kicks a rock with his boot. “Because I’ve just been knighted?”
I shake my head. “I don’t know. Maybe. All members of the Force are aware of us, though. Destroying us is their . . . your priority.”
He slants his eyes at me. “As you can plainly see, it’s not mine. Though, you almost left me little choice.”
“Ha!” I halt walking and spin toward him. “You were as good as dead back there.”
He stops, too, facing me. “Yes, the ever-effective kiss your enemy to death tactic,” he says, a smile playing at his lips. “I have to admit, it’s my preferable way to die.”
My face heats. “You didn’t seem to mind the approach. You probably would’ve let me end you back there if I’d allowed you to continue.”
He laughs, then begins walking again, saying over his shoulder, “If I remember correctly, it was me who ended the kiss.”
I open my mouth to retort, but he continues. “But if my demise comes at your lips, you’re correct. I’d probably welcome it.”
My lips twitch as I try to keep from smiling. “And you call me mad.”


Amongst the wasteland lies the gleaming city of Karm. A Camelot-esque utopia built from the ashes of a dying world.
Seventeen-year-old Fallon is no daughter of Karm.
She's its assassin.
Raised by a secret society of rebels, she's bent on bringing down the king's sham of an existence. But her first mark, one of the king's top knights of the Force, makes her question everything. Even her heart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...