11 Jan 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (7)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                           vs.                           US

Mist: US all the way! I usually prefer the UK cover but in this instance it doesn't have much to it whilst the US cover is just really cool. I'm not sure what the red part is supposed to be lol but it looks really interesting and sticks out against the darker background. The UK cover is, well, pretty boring, from a quick glance I haven't got a clue what it's about.

Ninfa: A tough choice, the UK cover keeps drawing my eye with the stark contrast between the bright white cover and the red of the design. The US cover is also very intriguing with the red smokey tendrils coming out of the guy's head.

I have to say though, I think I prefer the US cover this time, there's just something very haunting about it and I like the background feel of it, as if the model is walking towards the light in a metaphor for the end of his life.
Yep, it's a US win for me.

UK                           vs.                  Germany
Angel book one (Dämonen des Lichts translates to 'Demon of light' - according to Google translate)
Mist: I've never really liked the UK cover, the colours are just to harsh, so I'm voting against UK again! That German cover is just gorgeous! I love the girls pose and the clouds in the background, it's all so mysterious and the font is awesome to.

Ninfa: Both really stunning covers, love the UK one and the mischievious glint in the model's eyes and the cheeky espression, and I like the black smoke tendrils around the sides as well. The tag line is pretty interesting, makes me want to read it.

The German cover is darker and gives a slightly different idea about the plot. I really like the smoke effect behind the model, makes it look as if she has wings made of smoke.
I like the both but if I really, really had to pick, I think by a tiny tinsie fraction I'd go for the UK cover.
Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. US for Warm Bodies, it's so much better than the UK one. It's really interesting and not as boring at the UK one.

    I have never liked the UK cover for Angel, I think the model is really creepy and she had a look like she's going to kill you or something LOL so yea I prefer the germany cover for that one it's really pretty. I have to say I like the US Angel Burn cover more though. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us for Warm Bodies...it's much better! For Angel...I like the UK covers but I think I prefer the US but for your...I like Germany one! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the US cover better for Warm Bodies. I think I would have liked the UK one more, but it just seems like its lacking something to give it a more YA feel. As for Angel, I really don't like the UK cover so Germany wins my vote. I agree with Kayleigh, very creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you girls, I like the Us Warm Bodies and the German Angel cover. od though because I'm usually very much a fan ok the UK covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the US for the first one and the UK for the second. I like the colors in the US cover.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...