30 Dec 2012

My favourite books of 2012


Hi guys, today I give you the first of five of my end of year lists starting with my favourite reads of 2012. I know a lot of people post top ten lists but I can't possibly narrow 130 books down to ten!
So I present to you, in no particular order, the illustrated guide to my Team awesome reads of 2012!

Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Review) - This was the second book I read this year and I loved it so much, such an original retelling of Cinderella!
A need so beautiful by Suzanne Young (Review) - This is one of two audiobooks to hit my list, I just fell in love with it, such a wonderful book.
Some girls are by Courtney Summers - And this is the other audiobook, it was a great read/listen.
Divergent by Veronica Roth - (Review) -is actually making the list for the second year in a row as I really had the urge to re-read it before Insurgent - (Review) - which was just as awesome!

I read a number of indie books this year too and of them all, two made Team awesome, Bites by Ninfa Hayes - (Review) - two great short stories and Blue sky days by Marie Landry - (Review) - a huge tear jerker!



Perfect chemistry by Simone Elkeles - I'd seen this one around a LOT but was never interested until towards the end of last year when I started reading more contemporary books, so I got this for Xmas and read in January and loved it and I enjoyed the other two books too.





Pushing the limits by Katie McGarry (Review) - If you're a fan of Perfect chemistry, you'll love this one, it has the same gritty edge, characters you'll fall in love with and scenes to get your heart racing.





And on the lighter side of contemporary, I also read and loved Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins and Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse (Review)
And a year wouldn't be complete without a visit or three to Morganville, a series by Rachel Caine that never bores me, this year I read the latest offerings, Last breathBlack dawn - (Review) - and Bitter blood - (Review.)
I also dived back into Rachel Vincent's world of the Soul screamers by reading If I die - (Review) - and Before I wake - (Review) - March cannot come quick enough, I NEED the seventh and final book, With all my soul.
Undead by Kirsty McKay (Review) was a really fun YA zombie read, I also read the follow-up Unfed which was almost as good, but just shy of Team awesome!

On the more scarier side of zombies I read Adam Bakers creeptastic Juggernaut - (Review) - it's a prequel to Outpost which made the list last year and if the third book is as good, I expect it'll make next years list.
Earth girl by Janet Edwards (Review) - I absolutely adored everything about this book, I need Earth star so bad!

When she woke by Hillary Jordan (Review) - This one was a real thought provoker and set in a really realistic future.

Putting Alice back together by Carol Marinelli (Review) - Not my usual read but it had me in floods of tears and I was left thinking about it for a long time after I finished.

And that's all of them!
What books did you enjoy this year?

2 comments:

  1. I so want to read any of Courtney Summers books, I've heard they are fantastic.
    I agree with Divergent and Insurgent, they were sooo good. Same with Anna. :D

    *sigh* Pushing the Limits, soooo want to read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Morganville! one of my fave series of all time! :)

    I need to read the Divergent Series! :) #

    I also like When She Woke.. was a great read :)

    Happy reading for 2013 :)!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...